Meditative Self-Inquiry Retreats & Workshops Around The World
A Journey to discover oneself and and the wholeness of life...
Sharing information about self-educational meditative retreats, seminars, talks and dialogues organized around the globe with the primary intention of:
1. Awakening the deeper intelligence of life, of heart or love, which can also guide the intelligence of the intellect or the brain.
2. Exploring deeper issues of life and human consciousness in a free, frank and friendly ambiance.
3. Learning together what does it mean to be a conscious, compassionate and a responsible human being in these critical times.
4. Helping each other in knowing oneself as one actually is and thereby laying a foundation for a possible transformation in oneself/human consciousness.
5. Exploring a completely different way of living and educating oneself and working together to create a new world order based on love and compassion for all living beings.
"We are like two friends sitting
in the park on a lovely day talking about life, talking about our problems,
investigating the very nature of our existence, and asking ourselves seriously
why life has become such a great problem..."
- J. Krishnamurti, The Network of Thought
WHY RETREAT ?
“Don’t you want to go away sometimes
to a quiet place where you take stock of everything that you have done. Some of
you might want to do; but family responsibility and so on crowd in your way.
All the same it is good to retreat to a place having great beauty with trees,
birds and quietness, for beauty is truth and truth is goodness and love. The
external beauty, external tranquility, silence may affect the internal
tranquility. Beauty can only be when the self is not. Your retreat if you follow
it rightly will have significance to you. I think it is essential sometimes to
go to retreat, stop everything that you have been doing and look at them anew.
You would then let in fresh air into your mind. You would be open to the
mysteries of nature and to things that are whispering about us, which you would
not otherwise reach; you would reach the God that is waiting to come, the truth
that can not be invited but comes itself. In a retreat do not plunge into
something else. Do not take books and be absorbed in new knowledge and new
acquisition. Have a complete break with the past and see what happens.
Sirs, do it and you will see delight. You will see vast expanses of love, understanding and freedom. When your heart is open, then reality can come, then the whisperings of your own prejudices, your own noises are not heard. That is why it is good to take a retreat and to go away and stop the routine.
Try it Sirs, those who have the opportunity, then perhaps you will know what is beyond recognition what truth is which is not measured. Then you will find that God is not a thing to be experienced, to be recognized; but that God is something which comes to you without invitation. But that is only when your mind and your heart are absolutely still, not seeking, not probing. If we take a retreat, then thing that is waiting will come directly and surely.”
- J. Krishnamurti, Madras, Ist Public talk 05 Jan 1952