Deep Meditative Retreats in the Alps of Switzerland: 1 - 9 April & 25 Sep.-1 Oct. 2023
INNER SILENCE, PURE AWARENESS & LOVE
A DEEP MEDITATIVE RETREAT
Riversong - 1880 Les Plans-sur-Bex route de Pont-de-Nant 8 - Switzerland
“In the light of silence, all problems are dissolved.” - J. Krishnamurti
The source of most of our problems in work, life and relationships is a noisy mind which mechanically lives and reacts from its past baggage. Living with anything that is dead, false and untrue brings great mental and emotional suffering. This retreat is an invitation to uncover and awaken that timeless source of wisdom inside us which can see clearly what is false and non-essential in our living and be free from an unnecessary heavy burden that blocks the natural flow of pure joy, creativity, contentment and love.
WHAT WE PROPOSE TO EXPLORE & LIVE TOGETHER IN THIS RETREAT?:
· Can we awaken a source of wisdom within, a guide and inner compass to navigate the enormous pressures and challenges of modern society?
· What are the great hidden potentials and powers inside us which can help us to meet life fully?
· How to let go of our false identities and uncover our true essence?
· How to meet our fears, emotional reactions, sorrows, hurts and traumas in a non- reactive way?
· Can there be inner peace, confidence, and trust in meeting the unknown?
· Is there a simple and profound approach to meditation in our daily life?
· What is true love, freedom and the joy of creativeness?
· This retreat offers a restful break, a pause for the mind, body and heart that is essential as a foundation for deep learning and transformation. It will provide the condition for creating, all along our journey together, a meditative state of mind essential for a serious inner enquiry.
· The intention is not to fill our minds with intellectual knowledge but to awaken the profound source of being within, so that we get inspired to live our everyday life from the wellspring of inner stillness.
· One of the main highlights of the retreat is “Meditative & Transformative Self-inquiry.”What we learn here is that a deep self-inquiry is not an intellectual process of discussion or exchange of lot of words where ego-mind is the centre-stage but it can be a compassionate meditative process of self-discovery where words carry the quality of silence and affection as they arise not from the noise of the ego-mind but from a deeper space of wonder and love.
· Inspiring live talks
· Exercises in a one-to-one setting and small group exchanges.
· Meditations and meditative walks in nature.
For those willing to go deeper into the journey of self-discovery and transformation. For anyone who sees the importance of living from a higher level of presence.
It offers a safe, serious and caring space to discover ourselves, meet our deep essence and look at our whole life in a fresh, creative way, whether we are a seeker, a mindfulness practitioner, a coach, a therapist, an artist, a teacher, a professional from any field, a leader, a change-maker, a parent or simply a student of life.
ABOUT THE FACILITATOR
MUKESH GUPTA is a worldwide frequently invited speaker and traveling teacher for meditative and transformative retreats, workshops and seminars. He has been on this transformative journey for more than two decades and is deeply inspired by J. Krishnamurti, Buddha and non-dual teachings. He has conducted over two hundred retreats and seminars. During his long experience of working with students, teachers and professionals from all over the globe, Mukesh developed a unique "Meditative & Transformative Self-Inquiry" approach which is primarily based on the exploration of existential questions from a still, non-reactive mind and compassionate attentive presence. He is the founder of the School for Self- Inquiry. www.schoolforselfinquiry.org
VENUE & LOGISTICS
Riversong is nestled in a small beautiful village in the Alps of Switzerland, about two hours from Geneva International airport. The retreat begins at 4 pm on the date of arrival and ends with lunch on the date of departure.
Per day cost for the retreat including the room, delicious vegetarian/vegan meals, tea/coffee anytime and the whole course (salt-mineral baths not included):
ChFr 160 per night (24 hours) per person in a single room
ChFr 125 (24 hours) per person in a shared room
It is possible to join for a shorter period of the retreat. Minimum required stay is for two full days/nights.
For booking your place please contact Bernard:
+41 - 24 524 15 40 & +41 - 79 607 80 65
The retreat fees can be paid on arrival in CHF or Euros. Credit card machine payment is not possible. You can also transfer the amount to the following bank account:
Postfinance Account 89-192236-0
IBAN CH95 0900 0000 8919 2236 0
HOW TO REACH
The nearest airport is Geneva and the main train station is Bex. From Geneva airport there are frequent trains to Bex. From Bex you need to take a bus to Les Plans-sur-Bex, Le Chamois. The timetable and tickets for both train and bus can be checked and booked at:
Mariska Ray, A Personal Coach in Switzerland:
"After attending a retreat with Mukesh at Riversong, Switzerland, I'm a lot more connected to joy and I feel that I begin my days with my heart open and that I embrace my life fully with trust."
Catherine Pfaehler, Bern, Switzerland:
"Spending gentle time with Mukesh at the Riversong Retreat Centre in Switzerland has been a deep gift and pleasure for my soul every time I had a chance for it. The slowing down, the practice of deep listening and seeing in a small group helps me to grow, to broaden my understanding on all levels and to relax into my heart. Thank you for allowing me to realize that this is all I need, for my entire life: Resting peacefully in the heart."
Sophie Parlatano Erbrich,
"I really appreciated the general approach of the retreat, based on the exploration of the present moment, in all the finesse of life in motion. I liked the art of formulating essential questions, especially around the themes of listening and compassion, while taking great care not to fall into the temptation of wanting to answer them, or even to hold any knowledge. For "the deepest questions have no answers", we were told. And this space opened up by the absence of pre-fabricated answers a field of possibilities, a breath of confidence!
The roots of my spirituality are Christian, but this did not prevent me from being not only welcomed, but from feeling comfortable, without ever feeling a contradiction in myself. Mukesh always spoke to us with gentleness and humility, taking care to give everyone a chance to speak, fraternally calling us "friends", never trying to convince us of anything, constantly inviting us to sharpen our awareness, to stay close to our experience of the here and now.
We alternated between silent meditations, moments of sharing and movement. The welcome, the open-mindedness, the attention, the empathy, but also the good humour and the laughter were good to experience. I came back feeling calm, confident and stronger than when I arrived." - April 2022